tdb s tina brown explains palin s confidence based on ignorance

TDB’s Tina Brown Explains: Palin’s Confidence Based on Ignorance

I missed this earlier this week, as did most other conservative bloggers, but it seems that MSNBC once again enabled a Palin-basher to spew her hatred of the former Alaska governor on national television.

Tina Brown is founder and editor-in-chief of The Daily Beast website and a convinced Leftist. Needless to say, she also hates Palin’s guts, which automatically makes her one of MSNBC’s all-time favorite bloggers.

“Morning Joe” hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski pointed out that Palin is closing in on President Barack Obama in the polls. Does this mean she is a viable candidate in 2012, they wondered? Brown’s answer:

What people are responding to is that great vitality, that confidence – it doesn’t matter that the confidence is based on a kind of total ignorance. The fact is that there is a vitality about her that people like.

Now, I’m not American, but even I am annoyed by Brown’s lack of respect for Palin and the American people. Sure, she may have made some mistakes last year and, truth be told, she didn’t always handle difficult questions well, but to label her – and indirectly her supporters – “ignorant” is both disrespectful and wrong.

Read my whole post over at David Horowitz’s NewsRealblog.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Technorati
  • SphereIt
  • NewsVine

1. Doomed

November 29th, 2009 at 16:51

Reply |
    Quote |
    #1

Democrats.

This is the same party folks. The same Liberal group who:

Bashed Hillary Clinton.

Called her racist.

Said she was a liar.

Trash talked her.

Did everything in their power to discredit her.

Called her husband Bill Clinton a racist.

Went after the former president with a vengeance.

Because she was not far left enough. Was not a Radical. Voted for the war when the war was popular. Refused to cow tow to the far left. Refused to apologize to Michael Moore.

Make no mistake. Hillary Clinton is far left. But their is a BIG difference between being far left and being a RADICAL far lefty.

With the help of the MSM…especially MSNBC….The far left Radical agenda is being endorsed and pushed on the American people.

And this is the same party/group who goes after Sarah Palin.

And why is it were surprised? Baffled?

I must conclude that the Democrats dont care much for NON radical WHITE WOMEN any more. And they say the GOP are a bunch of racists.

2. SnarkyCon

November 29th, 2009 at 17:36

Reply |
    Quote |
    #2

The radical left is completely unhinged. Being a puny minority in the country (less than 20%) they want their radical agenda shoved down the throats of the majority. It’s not going to happen and when 2010 comes around their dreams will be shattered. This is still a center right nation. Unfortunately, the radical left scream and shout the loudest (and have tantrums) because they still haven’t graduated from grade school.

The ridicule and hatred displayed towards Palin will come back to haunt them. People will start asking one simple question: why?

3. Rudi666

November 29th, 2009 at 17:38

Reply |
    Quote |
    #3

LOL What was Hillary when she pushed HillaryCare in the 90’s, a Reagan Democrat. In the 90’s the Clinton’s killed Foster and Brown, now they’re victims.

4. Doomed

November 29th, 2009 at 19:01

Reply |
    Quote |
    #4

Rudi

Once again theirs a difference between being far left and being a RADICAL far lefty.

Right now we have a radical administration who is governing to the radical far left base. Which is precisely why he will go to Stockholm and make an AGREEMENT and not a treaty.

Treaties have to be radified….Presidential agreements can be carried out by VANN JONES er I mean whatever Communist CZAR he has in place.

And the RADICAL FAR LEFT saw that it was good and rejoiced.

5. Bengt Larsson

November 30th, 2009 at 01:01

Reply |
    Quote |
    #5

Well, since I’m on the left I can say: Go, Sarah, Go! You will be an easy thing to destroy in an election campaign.

6. Rudi666

November 30th, 2009 at 06:08

Reply |
    Quote |
    #6

Doomed Even though I’m a Lefty, and don’t read the Kossacks blog, I think many Lefties don’t think Obamama if far enough Left for them.

7. fence sitter

December 1st, 2009 at 01:24

Reply |
    Quote |
    #7

Michael,

First of all I would like to say that I often agree with your positions and like your posts, but when you go out of your way to defend Palin you lose some credibiity. Me and everyone else in the world has seen her speak. She was never ambushed by any left wing media witchhunt, she is just really not very smart. I am not on the left I am in the center and I cannot believe that you or anybody else would even consider having someone so dumb be the president of the United States. Granted, it would be nice to have someone in there that is not owned by the bankers. Which now leads me to doomed:

Doomed, 1st of all, from what I can gather MSNBC may have a slightly left agenda, but pretty much all of the other stations and in particular Fox, are decidedly to the right. so I do not know why everyone keeps talking about this supposedly left-wing media bias, which actually does not exist. But I do not really want to talk about that when what I want to talk about is your complete misunderstanding of who Obama is. He is not governing to the radical far left base. He is completely owned by the bankers. Just like every other president of the United States except for Kennedy. he does exactly what they want just like every other president before him except for Kennedy who paid the price for his resistance. Seriously. I am not a conspiracy theorist. Just look who he has put in charge of the Fed and banking regulation….. they are all bankers. It’s the Morgans and Rockefellers who decide. If you dig into it and follow the names of the people in positions of influence and power over the last 50 years, you will see for yourself.

NOTE: PoliGazette Comments Policy

PoliGazette encourages comments from all viewpoints, especially those that disagree.
Comments submitted must, however, adhere to basic standards of civility and topicality.

We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which are in our judgment egregiously and
gratuitously uncivil. We also reserve the right to delete all comments which are off-topic,
including those that grossly distort the topic of the post or serve merely as vehicles for
spamming.

Complaints or concerns about deleted or edited comments should be sent by email only. Complaints
posted as comments will be deleted.

Commenters who repeatedly or egregiously violate the comments policy may be banned.